Communication between the home and school can be a critical part of a child's education. Parents are encouraged to contact teachers or the principal with any questions,concerns or boquets. The school phone is answered between the hours of 8:15 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. 780-785-3431. E-mails for school personnel can be found under "About" "Staff".
"Did you know...."
- Our School Council and Parent Council (Parent Association of the Sangudo Storm known as P.A.S.S.) meet each month to help foster the well-being and effectiveness of the school community and to enhance learning
- Members include parents, the principal, teacher(s), our school trustee-Sherry Jeffreys, and community representative(s)
- Our School Council intends to collaboratively continue working on involving more parents/ community members in the school and facilitating/ increasing communication between home and school. We would love to hear your ideas of how the School Council can help with this mission!
- Our Parent Council (P.A.S.S) is eagerly organizing new and popular fundraisers throughout the year and is off to a great start in helping to support school needs. A portion of last year’s fundraising combined with our first pizza fundraiser and hot lunch-days to date helped donate a whopping $2862 towards our SCS athletics program! GO TEAMS! As well, P.A.S.S. is contributing $300 each to our 3 new teachers to help support any initial classroom enhancements, benefiting the students learning environment! A HUGE SHOUT OUT to our amazing volunteers and fundraising supporters!
- P.A.S.S. has a fantastic Facebook Page to help share important school information, news, updates and photos. It’s easy to get this information delivered straight to YOUR Facebook news feed. So far we have 84 followers and counting! Go to https://www.facebook.com/pages/Parent-Association-of-the-Sangudo-Storm/1489857747906220.
Sangudo School Council
Chairperson: Mrs. Alana Simpson
Vice-Chair: Mrs. Jennifer Kerr
Secretary: Mrs. Kimberly Hagman
PASS Chairperson: Mrs. Yvonne Lovich
PASS Treasurer: Mrs. Alana Simpson
Playing an active role in your child’s education is one of the most valuable gifts you can give and all it costs is your time. Please plan to attend the next meeting of the Sangudo Community School Parent Council.
School Council meetings are held each month. As always we would like to see a few more parents or community members in attendance. Remember, this is your best opportunity to keep informed, to have a say in what goes on and to help determine the direction in which we are heading at SCS.